Today we are sharing ten fun facts related to different areas of technology and inventions, which you may not have been aware of till now. We won’t give away any secrets, but will definitely put some info in your head that may come in handy in conversation. Want to look smart to your friends? Read on for some info that will help make it happen.
1. Surgeons who played video games when growing up make 37% fewer mistakes. Next time you go in for a surgery, ask your doctor how much experience they have with video games. Since you can grab freebie games today, it shouldn’t be hard to get the proper training for being a better surgeon.
2. Nintendo was started in 1889 as a playing card company. Who could have thought it would lead to such great success!
3. In general, people tend to read text up to 10% slower from a screen than from paper. So if you don’t have much time for reading, opt for a traditional paper book instead of your electronic book reader or your computer.
4. The radio took 38 years to reach a market audience of 50 million, while it took the television 13 years and the iPod – only 3 years.
5. The creators of the PNG file format wanted it to be pronounced as ‘ping’. That didn’t catch on, did it?
6. The first photograph took a whole 8 hours to take. Can you imagine sitting still for that long to have your portrait taken? Good thing snapping photos takes much less time today.
7. When modelling clay was invented, it was meant for cleaning wallpaper. It was later made into a toy, which made its inventor a millionaire before the age of 27.
8. Inventions can often travel so far that everyone forgets their real origin. Did you know that bagpipes first appeared in Persia, not Scotland? And how about the boomerang – did you know that the first boomerang was found in Poland, not Australia?
9. It isn’t hard to believe that chocolate chip cookies and the dishwasher were invented by women, but did you know that the windshield wiper and the circular saw were invented by ladies too?
10. The nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video card contains 222 million transistors. Can you imagine having a job putting these cards together?
We bet a lot of your friends aren’t aware of these things. Many of these facts are hard to believe, so bringing them up in conversation can start an exciting discussion or at least make you look like the smartest person in the room. Try it!
TunesKit Audible Con...
A smart DRM removal solution specially developed for Audible users to crack DRM protection from Audible audiobooks by co...
Ant Download Manager...
by AntGROUP Inc.
Ant Download Manager is a fast and easy downloader of any internet files including video files from many popular video s...
E-goi Multichannel M...
Email, SMS, social media, voice calls and RSS, all in a single online software!Pay with love and send unlimited e-mails ...